Inspections & Benefits
There are several agencies that will require properly maintained kitchen exhaust system:
- Fire Marshall or fire inspector will regularly inspect to ensure that the kitchen exhaust system is properly maintained to prevent fire hazard. Typically, NFPA 96 Standards is applied.
- Health Department requires properly maintained kitchen exhaust system to prevent food and health hazards to the public.
- Building owners will require its tenants to perform regularly scheduled cleaning to protect their property, especially their roof area which is typically their responsibility.
- Insurance Companies: The insurance company who insures the building will require professional vent hood/kitchen exhaust cleaning on the property to continue their insurance coverage on the building.
- Insurance Companies: The insurance companies for the food establishment will require professional vent hood cleaning service to continue coverage for the business coverage.
Benefits of properly maintain your vent hood/kitchen exhaust system for business owners:
- It helps to maintain proper airflow in your cooking area. If not properly maintained, the excess odor and smoke can leak into the dining area and it can become an unpleasant experience for your customers.
- The entire kitchen hood / kitchen exhaust system will have more wear and tear therefore eventually require costly replacement parts of exhaust system.
- The kitchen hood / exhaust system that is not performing at its peak will lead to the air condition units to work harder to properly circulate its air. It will lead to increase energy cost for your establishment.
Benefits for Property Owners:
Protect your investment. The overflow of grease from the exhaust fan can cause damage to your roof and roof gutters. It can also create a hazardous environment for the people who frequents the roofs such as cleaners, maintenance person or roof repairers.
To properly protect your property, the commercial kitchens needs to have the exhaust system cleaned on a regular basis and the exhaust fan should have grease containment system in place. Contact Pro Duct Cleaning to install a grease containment system to your current exhaust fan.